Community and road verge gardens

Local Law does not directly regulate community gardens or road verge gardens (gardens in the road reserve at the front of residential properties).

Interested groups can apply to Council to establish and operate a community garden on council land. This occurs by means of a lease with Council.

Individuals can plant gardens in the road reserve (road verge gardens) at the front of their properties, if they follow Council’s guidelines and the garden does not cause a safety hazard for drivers or pedestrians.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link
<span class="translation_missing" title="translation missing:">Load Comment Text</span>