Over the next 10 years, Council is planning to upgrade Old Gympie Road between Anzac Avenue in Kallangur and Boundary Road in Dakabin. The project aims to:
- Improve safety
- Cater for growing and future traffic demands
- Improve conditions for walking, cycling and public transport
- Improve amenity.
The project will be delivered in stages, with planning and design for each stage at various points in the development process. As the design for each stage is developed, we are sharing the plans with the community and asking for feedback.
What does this stage involve?
The upgrade of Old Gympie Road between Whitehorse Road and Alma Road will involve:
- Widening from two to four lanes (two lanes in each direction) and separate turning lanes at all intersections
- Installing traffic signals at the intersection of Old Gympie Road and Whitehorse Road / Butterfly Drive
- On-road bike lanes, improved pathways, kerb ramps and signalised pedestrian crossings across Whitehorse Road / Butterfly Drive.
- Landscaping and vegetation planting to improve amenity and protect and enhance fauna habitat and corridors in accordance with Council’s green infrastructure principles
- New drainage infrastructure throughout the widened corridor
- Provision for future bus stop locations.
Thanks for your feedback
Council sought feedback on the Old Gympie Road between Whitehorse Road and Alma Road between Tuesday 2 March and Tuesday 6 April 2021. We would like to thank participants for their feedback and involvement in the community consultation process.
As part of the consultation process Council has reviewed the feedback and prepared responses to the main topics raised. These responses can be viewed in the Frequently Asked Questions on this website
All feedback received will continue to be considered as we develop the detailed design for the project.