Consultation has concluded.
Council is planning to upgrade O’Mara Road in Narangba to improve conditions for all road users and cater for growing and future traffic demands.
Subject to budget and other required approvals, the project will include:
- Rehabilitation of the road pavement for the length O’Mara Road
- Widening on the western side of O’Mara Road
- Separated right-turn lane on O’Mara Road at the intersection with Oakey Flat Road
- Pedestrian ramps and refuge island on Oakey Flat Road, western side of the intersection with O’Mara Road/Main Street
- Upgrades to selected sections of pathway on the western side of O’Mara Road to achieve a minimum width of 2m. Existing pathway that is this width will remain
- Installation of raised crossings on Aretha Lane, Lilly Anna Lane and Kernel Road to ensure the safety and give priority to pedestrians and cyclists
- Extension of the existing shared pathway from Stone Ridge Boulevard, south to a new pedestrian and cyclist crossing location on O’Mara Road
- Upgrade and renewal of storm water infrastructure to improve flood immunity
Ancillary works related to the project include the relocation of key underground services and the provision of landscaping and street lighting.
Have your your say
Council sought feedback on the O’Mara Road upgrade between Thursday 25 February and Friday 19 March 2021. We would like to thank participants for their feedback and involvement in the community consultation process. All feedback will be considered as the design is further developed.
Overview of project area