As we look to the future and what we want to see for our Moreton Bay, it’s the strategic documents we are developing today that will provide the roadmap for achieving our vision over the next 20 years.
Our Organisational Excellence Strategy will provide the foundations for continuous improvement and innovation to deliver better value for our communities and achieve our vision over the next 20 years.
We need your help to make sure our goal, our strategy and our outcome areas reflect the values and priorities of our communities.
Key services we deliver
What we are focusing on
To achieve our vison and goal, we’ll be focusing on the following outcome areas:
- We are leaders in good governance and sustainably manage our finances and assets. We’re committed to improving transparency and accountability in our decision making; continually improving how we do things as an organisation as we guide our region through the next 20 years. We’re focused on meeting long-term service and infrastructure levels and standards by improving the way we manage our assets with new approaches and technologies.
- We actively plan for the future and advocate in the best interests of our communities. We will build and strengthen our partnerships with government, business, community groups and others to work together to access additional funding and resources for our communities.
- Our communities are engaged, heard and informed. As our region evolves, we’ll seek input and feedback from our communities to help shape our strategic planning as we manage the impacts of growth, harness the opportunities it brings, and mitigate the risks that can come with it.
- We are responsive, trusted and provide great customer experiences. We focus on positive service experiences by innovating and improving the way we connect with our communities - both in person and online.
- We harness technologies to drive innovation, efficiencies and informed decion-making. We’re investigating cutting-edge new digital technologies such as smart sensors and artificial intelligence to better capture data and use this information to help us to improve our processes and services.
- Our teams are safe, inclusive, capable, and empowered to deliver their best. We know that our success relies on our team. We will actively work to deliver an inclusive and accessible working environment to keep our employees safe, happy and engaged in meaningful work for the communities we serve.
More information about our key plans is available here in the Corporate Plan 2022-2027.
The strategy team is using the insights from this consultation to inform the development of the Organisational Excellence strategy. This strategy joins four other strategies for completion in addition to the Regional Economic Development Strategy, which was released in 2021 .
We'll be giving our communities the opportunity to provide feedback on the draft strategies once they are ready in early 2023.