As we look to the future and what we want to see for the Moreton Bay region, it’s the strategic documents we are developing today that will provide the roadmap for achieving our vision over the next 20 years.
Our Growth Management Strategy and Integrated Transport Strategy will guide Council’s role in supporting resilient, healthy, inclusive and connected communities for the next 20 years.
We need your help to make sure our goal, our strategy and our outcome areas reflect the values and priorities of our communities.
Key services we deliver
What we'll be focusing on
To achieve our vison and goal, we’ll be focusing on the following outcome areas:
- We have a clear urban growth boundary that protects our unique landscapes and environmental values. A clear boundary for urban growth forms the backbone of a new planning scheme and protects valuable areas.
- We have a preferred sequence of growth that supports complete, sustainable and connected communities. The new planning scheme defines the order in which new urban growth areas should develop so that infrastructure and services can be provided in a coordinated and cost effective way.
- Our communities have access to safe, affordable and diverse living choices. Development includes a range of housing types that suits the lifestyle needs of residents now and into the future.
- We have well planned neighbourhoods that support changing communities, respect cultural heritage and enjoy a unique sense of place. Developing vibrant, accessible and appealing places for our communities to live, work and recreate.
- We have well-planned centres and precincts that support our progressive local economy and identity. Development caters for a full range of regional and local needs as well as providing local employment opportunities.
- We have infrastructure that integrates with surrounding land use and supports our growing communities. Council projects incorporate best practice urban design. We collaborate with other infrastructure providers to efficiently service our growing region.
- We have an efficient, connected and resilient transport network enabled by smart technologies and innovative design. Council will maintain, improve and expand an efficient, reliable and integrated transport network using smart technologies and innovative design.
- Our communities have access to safe, affordable and diverse transport choices that make active travel easy. Council infrastructure supports active transport options including cycling and walking.
More information about our key plans is available here in the Corporate Plan 2022-2027.
Thank you to everyone who has participated during March/April 2022 in the consultation to inform our Growth Management and Integrated Transport Planning strategies.
Over 2,000 people got involved and had their say by participating in the Our Moreton Summit, online recap and discussion or completing the survey.
You can read the Engagement Summary Report here.
The strategy teams are using the insights from this consultation to inform the development of the draft strategies. We'll be giving our communities the opportunity to provide feedback on the draft strategies once it is ready later in 2022.