Creating vibrant and healthy communities is a priority for Council. We know from Moreton Says that spaces for relaxing and daily exercise, picnic and BBQ facilities, tables, seating and playgrounds (all ages and abilities) are the top things communities in Moreton Bay would like to see in parks and outdoor spaces in their neighbourhoods.
We also know that as Moreton Bay's population grows so too is demand for organised and non-organised sports. So, we are looking at how we can develop and redevelop existing sports facilities to ensure we can meet community needs now and in the future.
Enhancing a local sports facility for all users
Lindsay Road Sports Ground is located at 100 Lindsay Road, Morayfield and is approximately seven hectares in size. It currently has three hockey fields, two training fields and two cricket pitches. Although the site is well established and within close proximity to residential neighbourhoods, it experiences just a moderate level of use (primarily for cricket, hockey and dog training). Limitations at the site such as a lack of lighting and pedestrian connections mean the site is underutilised for training, competition activities and community use. To guide future improvements to Lindsay Road Sports Ground and ensure the facility can meet the needs of the growing local community, we have developed a draft Concept Design.
To inform development of the draft Concept Design, we consulted with key site stakeholders in early 2022 and have undertaken detailed site investigations. The draft Concept Design includes several enhancements that will benefit users as well as the local community now and in the future. These enhancements include:
- 2.5m wide circuit path with seating and lights that provides access to all areas
- pedestrian connections to the nearby residential development and playground (located west of the Sports Ground) and to Clark Road
- fitness equipment catering to all fitness levels
- park shelters for recreational use
- native garden plantings around park shelters
- upgraded carpark, including bus drop off and pick up, DDA compliant parking, shade tree planting and carpark lights
- upgraded Clubhouse and new storage facilities
- new tiered spectator seating for both fields and new lighting for field two.
Between 20 November and 15 December 2023, we invited community feedback on the draft Concept Design for Lindsay Road Sports Ground. Consultation has now closed.
Thank you for completing the survey and sharing your views with us.
We are now considering that feedback and preparing an Engagement Summary and finalising the Concept Design. The report and final plan will be made available on this page when they are completed.