Engagement on this project has concluded.
Council is planning to upgrade Mazlin Park in Beachmere before the end of 2022. The aim of the project is to provide a vibrant, accessible and appealing recreational space. Upgrades will:
- Increase park usage with new picnic settings, shade structures and BBQ
- Maximise space available by removing the unsafe Beachmere Activity CentreI
- mprove pathways
- Keep existing trees and improve garden beds, turf and vegetation
- Improve visibility and safety with new lighting
- Replace old bench seats, public shower and picnic settings
- Update car parking with on-street bays, new kerbs and channelling
- Stabilise park areas with retaining walls
- Build a timber walkway lookout with extra seating
Mazlin Park Upgrade concept design
Why is the Beachmere Activity Centre being removed?
In 2020, Council did a building condition assessment of the Activity Centre after concerns were raised about building movement and integrity issues.
The Centre was closed following the assessment due to significant structural defects in the building making it unsafe for public use.
Regular hirers of the centre were relocated to other facilities within the Beachmere area.
Removal of the structure will provide more opportunities for residents and visitors to gather and enjoy space in Mazlin Park and the Beachmere foreshore area.
When will construction work at Mazlin Park begin?
Construction work is expected to start mid to late 2022 and be completed by the end of 2022.
Work will occur during normal business hours to minimise the impact on adjacent residents and nearby businesses.
What can you expect during construction work?
Things will look slightly different at Mazlin Park while construction work is underway in 2022. You may see:
- Temporary footpaths providing alternative walking areas
- Temporary detour signage for pedestrians and cars
- Street lane closure during on-street parking bay construction
- Temporary variable message signs (VMS) alerting you to construction work
- Construction site fencing
- Construction machinery on site which may be noisy at times
- Thanks for talking to the team
Engagement on how park upgrades will impact residents and businesses has concluded.More InformationIf you would like further information about the Mazlin Park Upgrade project, please contact the project team via email: