Our Moreton is the complex program of work to develop a new Corporate Plan and six supporting strategies. These key documents provide a clear roadmap for our region as it evolves.
The new Corporate Plan 2022 -2027 reflects how current and emerging trends and challenges shape the region and influence planning and organisational responses. It outlines our priorities for the next five years, our renewed vision, and five pillars setting the foundation for everything we do.
To achieve the community-informed priorities set out in our Corporate Plan, under its five pillars we are developing six strategies. Corporate Plan pillars, and their corresponding strategies:
- Our Vibrant Communities - Community Wellbeing Strategy
- Our Healthy Environments - Environment and Sustainability Strategy
- Our Well-Planned Places - Integrated Transport Strategy, and Growth Management Strategy
- Our Progressive Economy - Regional Economic Development Strategy, and
- Our Engaged Council - Organisational Excellence Strategy
What you have told us
To ensure our communities have an opportunity to provide input into all aspects of the project, our engagement activities have been broken into two rounds. In each round, we gather input and then ask for feedback on the resulting Corporate Plan and strategies:
- Moreton Says: Over 8,500 responses across three Moreton Says surveys have helped us better understand what’s important to our communities. Community members took these opportunities to input into our decision making and future roadmap. Find out more about the program and view the results here.
- Round One: This consultation focused on collecting input to inform the development of the Corporate Plan and the Community Wellbeing Strategy. Activities included a series of community pop-ups, focus groups and a survey. You can read the Engagement Report here.
- Round Two: We focused on collecting input for the development of the Environment and Sustainability, Growth Management, and Integrated Transport strategies. Activities included in-person and online summits, pop-ups and a survey. You can read the Engagement Report here.
- Feedback on draft Corporate Plan: Between 20 April and 16 May 2022 we invited our communities read the draft Corporate Plan 2022 - 2027 and share their thoughts with us via a survey. Thank-you to everyone who took the time to provide feedback. You can read the Engagement Summary Report here.
- Corporate Plan release: You can read the Corporate Plan 2022-2027 here.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to contribute your input and provide feedback.
Our next step is to gather your feedback on five draft strategies. In late 2022, we will make draft versions of the Community Wellbeing, Environment and Sustainability, Growth Management, Integrated Transport, and Organisational Excellence Strategies available for you to read and respond to via a survey. The survey will be available online and in paper form at libraries and Council locations.
Once completed and approved by Council, the five strategies, will be released in early 2023.
Image description: photographs showing groups of people in community consultation meetings and planning workshops.